Kent is now taking applications for Fine Dining Servers
Kent Country Club was founded in 1896, and over 118 years later, dedication to member service and dining excellence are still our focus today. Our servers are ambassadors of the Kent Country Club experience. As a member of the Kent Service Family you become a valued team player, upholding the Kent standard of excellence and continuing to provide an unparalleled club experience in West Michigan.
Our Servers are Member Advocates - Utilizing expert knowledge of the food, wine, beer and spirit offerings, our servers consult with members to ensure they get maximum value out of their club dining experience. Servers monitor every aspect of the dining experience to ensure the flawless execution of food and beverage service.
We offer a supportive learning culture, committed to assisting our staff to continuously expand their professional knowledge and sharpen their expertise. We are looking for long-term, dedicated professionals to join our service team.
Hospitality is a 24/7 industry therefore, candidates should be able to work weekends and holidays as needed, and be amenable to changing shifts as business warrants.
Functions & Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive knowledge of the club, our membership, and the food and beverage operations. Develop an understanding of ingredients, preparation, and proper presentation of all menu items and specials.
- Demonstrate enthusiasm and genuine care in every interaction.
- Offer thoughtful and appropriate suggestions that add value to the member experience and enhance revenue.
- Promptly obtain and accurately record orders.
- Accurately and promptly record orders on the Point of Sale system.
- Precisely communicate special orders, allergies or other pertinent information to necessary FOH, BOH and management team members.
- Properly prepare table for the arrival of food and beverage.
- Supervise, co-ordinate and ensure proper delivery of food and beverage to the table.
- Performs wine service according to standards
- Maintain a neat and orderly work station.
- Understand and complete all assigned opening, closing and side work duties.
- Provide constructive input to foster process improvement within the restaurant
- Exhibit proper manners, etiquette, personal presentation and verbal communication in all member/guest interactions.
- Acts quickly to rectify anything that threatens the value or perceived value of the dining experience.
- Coordinate all member/guest issues and recovery matters with floor manager.
Qualifications / Education / Training:
Candidates for this position will possess:
- A solid work ethic and dedication to getting the job done right every time.
- The ability to collaborate and contribute to a diverse service team.
- A foundational knowledge of food, wine and service concepts and technique.
- An understanding of the art of selling.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, manage time and work well under pressure
- Two years of serving or related experience in a full-service restaurant, prior upscale restaurant or private club experience strongly preferred.
- Must be 21+
- Must have night and weekend availability
- A positive, team centered disposition
- High School diploma or GED
- Superior communication skills (written & verbal)
- Ability to stand for long periods of time (which may include an entire shift)
- Ability to lift (up to 40 lbs.) pull and bend continuously throughout a shift