- About Us
Kent Country Club Membership Process
1. Candidate must first complete the Kent Membership application, and secure the signatures from both Kent Sponsors on that application.
Mail or drop off completed application to: Kent Country Club 1600 College NE, Grand Rapids MI 49505
2. Each Kent Sponsor must submit a letter of endorsement to Kent Membership Director via mail or email. Completed file (steps 1 and 2 above) will be presented to the Membership Committee via email or at monthly meeting.
3. The Candidate will then be contacted by the Membership Director to schedule a formal review meeting with up to 4 members from either the Membership Committee or the Board of Directors. Interviewers will report back to the Membership Committee with recommendation.
4. Upon Membership Committee approval, the Candidate(s) names will be submitted to the General Membership for a 2-week period.
5. After 2-week period, if no concerns are raised by the General Membership, then the Candidate(s) will be presented to the Board of Directors for approval.
6. Upon Board approval, the Candidate is contacted by the Membership Director to schedule an orientation meeting, which includes review of the document “Common Courtesies of Kent.” This final meeting is with the Candidate, General Manager, and Membership Director.
7. A welcome letter, two-year commitment letter, and invoice will be mailed by the Controller to the new Member.
Please note that the membership process may take up to 45 days or more to complete.
A New Member Reception is held annually to honor new Members and their Sponsors